Commercial Bank of Kuwait
March 2007 — Present
- Issuance of Import Letter of Credits with all its kinds, which includes Local, Transferable, Revolving & standby LCS.
- Spearheading the end-to-end functions of Import Letter of credits, i.e., LC issuance, amendments, document checking, preparation & follow up of bank correspondences.
- Handling import Bills for Collection of documents.
- Responsible for settlement/ withdrawal of documents.
- Well versed with bank Swift alliance system.
- Interacting with the clients for any clarifications and verifications.
- Scrutinizing Insurance Policies received, to ensure compliance with LC terms and requirements.
- Managing the day to day processing / delivery of all Trade Finance products related to the team.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal procedures and operational controls.
- Facilitating the LC Officer - Trade Finance in implementing changes to
internal standards and procedures in line with development of the business.
- Monitoring all transactions to ensure obligations / payments are duly met.
- Reporting any irregularities to the LC Officer, with a view to take corrective actions.
- Ensuring that all the charges are applied, vouchers are prepared and appropriate approvals are held for waivers.
- Participate in the training and development of Trade Finance personnel to ensure operational excellence at all levels.
- Preparation of monthly Central Bank Report summarising import & Export trade activities.
- Adhering to Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures.