The Velvet Rope Agency
Public Relations Consultant & Event Producer
February 2009 — Present
Develops and implements PR campaigns, social media strategies, and events for Entertainment, Lifestyle and Technology clients; Planned and executed film/ TV releases, product launches, brand activations, charity, and media events. Provides strategic counsel to clients, manages and junior junior staff.
• Secured media interviews for press days, TCA tours, and junkets. Coordinated and supervised photo shoots, appearances, travel.
• Created media materials including EPK, press kit assets, press releases, show one-sheets, bios, fact sheets, and talking points.
• Celebrity talent booker for client events; secured media, talent and VIP attendees; garnered pre and post media coverage.
• Identified publicity, appearances, panels, and endorsement opportunities and participated creative brainstorm meetings.
• Oversaw strategic planning for client events including budgets, logistics, venue sourcing, talent booking, décor and catering.
EVENT & PARTNERSHIP HIGHLIGHTS
o Kim Kardashian’s Birthday Party: Planned and executed red carpet birthday bash; Secured top-tier media coverage including E!, FOX News, UsWeekly, InTouch, and Access Hollywood. Procured over $40,000 in sponsorship.
o Rolls-Royce ESPY Awards Gift Lounge: Partnered with Rolls-Royce to co-produce a gift lounge in honor of 2015 ESPY Awards to gift celebrities, athletes and media.
o Trevor Ariza's Celebrity Basketball Games: Secured partnership with Nike to execute 1st and 2nd annual fundraising events benefiting the non-profit foundation of Houston Rockets NBA player Trevor Ariza; The 1st annual event was featured in UsWeekly and Young Hollywood’s Beyond the Athlete; 2nd annual event was featured on a broadcast Season 2 episode of the WeTV show, Growing Up Hip Hop.