PRS for Music
Senior Accounts Receivable/ Credit Controller
November 2014 — Present
Main Duties involve:
- Invoicing - Working closely with sales invoicing over 100 invoices on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. (Amounts over £2million) for both blanket and transactional billing to all broadcast, online and mobile licensees across all three companies within set deadlines and in accordance with contract, agreement and scheme
- Monitoring customer account for non payments, delayed payments and other irregularities; to encourage full and prompt payment of invoices, mainly by telephone, this will also include a close working relationship with the licensing teams; the production of weekly overdue account reminder letters and preparation of documents to support the instruction of external solicitors or bad debt write offs
- Communicating, investigate, problem solving both internal and external customers queries to the highest level via phone, email, mail or in person; reconciling of accounts, production of statement
- Follow established procedures for the collection and processing of receipts both sterling and multi-currency, direct debits, cheque, bank transfers and credit cards.
- Reconciling of accounts both customer and control accounts
- Month/ Year End - Maintaining various data records in order to allow all month end reporting to be processed smoothly and accurately in accordance to agreed deadlines; job holder to prepare Month/ Year end reporting, billing allocation for sign off and creating journals.
- Credit control – reducing debt by chasing outstanding payments
- Direct Debit collections – in charge 6 direct debits per month ensuring smooth running of (DD’s over £5m) - Using Bottomline, C-Series and PT-X
- Credit control cashbook – checking all bank accounts, preparing cash sheet/ intercompany journals, and matching payments.
- In charge of 3 colleagues including training
- Assisting Management Accounts at month end, company recharges, reviewing business partner journals