Customer Service and Operations Coordinator
December 2011 — Present
• Handling Import Sea/Air and Cross Trade shipments.
• Prepare, produce and address all customer related quotations and inquiries with promptness to ensure customer satisfaction and business profitability.
• Communicating with overseas agents and sourcing of competitive rates.
• To fully understand the nature and/or scope of the inquiry before sending the quotation; to clearly mention the terms of shipment in the quotation.
• Follow up, update and manage all quotations sent to the Customers with Sales Staff or Customers directly.
• After quote confirmation, coordinate the flow of quotations between the overseas agents and customers.
• Sending nominations to overseas agent and update the customer for cargo status.
• Providing BL/AWB instructions to agent for preparation of BL draft and sending the same to the customer for verification.
• Opening the Job File once received pre-alerts.
• Monitoring of cargo arrival thru Dubai Trade/Carrier online tracking.
• Sending cargo arrival notice to the customer 1 day before cargo arrival and arranging collection of DO once available.
• Coordinating with Customs agent while passing the commercial docs and arranging transportation for the delivery of cargo.
• Prepares shipment monitoring sheet on weekly basis per customer.
• Prepare monthly status report of inquiries and quotations to management.
• Raising Invoices to the customer and preparation of Credit Notes to overseas agents.
• Closing Job file on monthly basis.
• Ensure accurate and timely communication between the sales executive and direct customer.
• To escalate any issues and concern to the Operations Manager
• Adhere to company’s policies and procedure at all time.