Chloe + Isabel
Independent Merchandiser/Business Owner
February 2014 — Present
• Conducted 90% of business from home office
• Managed an online store; product placement, display/design, calls-to-action, processed orders.
• Designed attractive, engaging, and interactive displays for special events and trade shows.
• Answered phone calls and emails
• Scheduled and executed personal styling sessions both in-person and online (through email and/or social media).
• Maintained a constant calendar of appointments, phone calls, and to-do tasks, as well as a filing system for important documents.
• Provided excellent customer service via phone, email, and in person.
• Input purchase orders through paper order form and an online order system.
• Assisted customers with purchase choices.
• Selected the most on-trend merchandise to be on the storefront.
• Established and maintained client relationships resulting in follow-up orders.
• Executed special promotions and sales, as well as giveaways and contests through social media.
• Processed and tracked shipping for special event/promotional giveaways.
• General bookkeeping; purchase order spreadsheets, bestselling merchandise based on sales numbers, commission earned, expenses made: display items, mileage, shipping costs.
• Mentored fellow merchandisers on increasing their sales and styling suggestions.
• Effectively took direction and training from corporate to increase my own business' sales and site traffic.