Regional IT Infrastructure & Projects Manager
Senior information technology change and programme management professional with over 12 years of experience. My leadership strength lies in building successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders of information technology functions.
It may be true that we don't know what we have until we loose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing till it arrives...
Exploring new opportunities to further my personal and professional growth.
Any job that has me on a plane most of my time, going places I have never been to solve problems I had never seen...
Regional IT Infrastructure & Projects Manager
January 2006 — Present
International SOS is the world’s leading provider of medical assistance, international healthcare, security services and outsourced customer care. With over 10,000 professionals operating in 65 countries, they help organizations manage the health and safety risks facing their travellers, global workforce and customers. As a Regional IT Manager my role included:
• Responsible for all aspects of IT operations and projects across the region.
• Plan, initiate, and manage information technology projects.
• Monitor progress to ensure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
• Take leadership in providing recommendations and support to help regional management reach its business and productivity targets.
• Collaborate with stakeholders, identifying opportunities, studying feasibility, streamlining processes, enhancing profitability, and interacting with clients and vendors.
• Ensure an efficient, secure and cost effective IT and telecom network infrastructure to support the company’s regional business operations and conform to corporate policies and guidelines.
• Manage and plan the IT budget for both short and long range capital plans.
• Ensure integrity of all data and systems across the region, and conduct regular internal audits of systems and procedures.
• Manage a team of IT Engineers across the regions, who provide first and second line of support to back-office infrastructure, as well as end users and applications.
• Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects.
• ensure top level service delivery of all support services on a technical and professional level.
Merck Sharp & Dohme
Regional IT Specialist
January 2003 — December 2005
MSD was a subsidiary of Merck & Co. Inc., a world leader in the pharmaceutical industry with a staff of around 60,000 employees world wide. As a Regional IT Specialist, my responsibilities included:
• Plan and implement infrastructure expansion/upgrades in coordination with regional IT.
• Prepare the IT Budget (Capital and Expenses), ensuring proper follow up of budgets/plans related to IT. Following up on quotations, purchase orders & delivery, managing IT assets (PCs, Servers, Software), ensuring smooth management of contracts (SLAs) and providing local/regional management with relevant and accurate financial and technical information.
• Planned (in coordination with local management & regional IT) the deployment of a CRM application to all field force in the region. This included full and comprehensive cost and technical analysis, preparing and carrying out end-user training and over all technical management. After a successful & cost-effective deployment, I also support the operations on a day-to-day basis across the Gulf region.
• Apply and communicate the company’s standards, guidelines and procedures.
• Monitor, tune and upgrade all IT resources in a Microsoft environment (servers, LAN/WAN hardware & software, patch cabinet, telecom & audio/visual equipment, security systems, etc.).
• Secure maximum business continuity, simplifying IT.
• As the first contact for End-User Support, I log, plan, organize and carry out support requests (or forward to regional support team ensuring proper escalation and follow up), provide technical assistance, develop users' knowledge, provide appropriate training, detect and clarify users' needs and suggest possible solutions to streamline the business processes.
• Managed the full budget for IT and operational expenditure.
• Achieved superior quality across all deliverables within committed time-lines and budget.
June 2001 — December 2002
• Administration and support for an NT network (Win2K clients) and MacOS studio in a deadline-driven environment for one of the leading advertising agencies in the region.
• This included support and troubleshooting for plotters and ripping hardware/software designed for wide-format printing.
• Upgraded the studio to MacOS 9.2 and OSX. Integrated the Apple MacOS network and an NT based Windows 2000 network by installing an AppleTalk server on a Win2K platform, and linking communications via MS Outlook 2000 and Outlook for Mac.
• Upgraded the network platform to Win 2000 Server.
• Installation, configuration and support of MS Exchange 5.5 server.
• Increased efficiency and reduced operational cost by Installing and configuring MS SQL Server 7.0 as a database for MS Project Central and MS Project 2000.
• Installed and configured Internet Information Services 4.0 on a Win 2000 Server to function as a web server for the company’s Intranet and MS Project Central.
• Reduced operational cost by configuring a fax connector for MS Exchange 5.5 to streamline sending/receiving of fax messages via MS Outlook.
• Handled the IT budget, purchasing and vendor relationship. Directly reporting to the General Manager.
Richmond University, The American International University in London
Bachelor of Science, Computing, Information Systems