Vacation Mining Engineer
November 2012 — February 2013
Coordination, completion and implementation of the engineering report
• Check the accuracy of production shift report and train and tonnage report and review for completeness of information;
- Report production downtime comments to Macmahon and BHPB managers and engineers daily;
- Check daily drill and blast hard copy and enter pertinent data into Excel sheets;
- Obtain and communicate production results report to BHPB mine scheduling team (the client);
- Daily liaison with departments to obtain daily data and plans. Synthesize data to produce daily report for distribution to client/colleagues/management
- Present morning meeting to BHPB client, and management
• Compile and validate blend and rehandle data month to date
• Bench split data analysis (analyse daily data against month to date performance, analysing mine performance against contracted targets for claims)
• Create and compile register of delay database to record all production loss time and volume.
• Participation in weekly planning and blast master design using Surpac.
• Evaluate drainage performance on current haul road and identify areas to improve design.
• Two weeks in depth mine fleet productivity analysis (time and motion study)
- Cost analysis of implementing in-cab smokos
- Evaluate and provide recommendation on potential production gains of implementing in cab smokos (breaks), including OH&S consideration
- Identify and recommend any other improvement opportunities through collecting load and haul cycle time data
- Use Surpac to design designated areas for surface mining equipment operators to have smoko
- Liaising with the EHS&T team regarding health and safety impacts of in-cab smokos
• Evaluate both contour and production drill rigs performance to identify and recommend to senior engineer optimal drill pattern design and blast volume