The Restoration On King Boutique Hotel
February 2010 — Present
Responsibilities include the management of all daily operations of Charleston’s Luxury Boutique Hotel including Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping and all Guest Services. Opened this luxury Boutique Hotel which quickly rose to national prominence and Four Star rating. Developed all service standards for the hotel helping to drive strong brand recognition and brand loyalty with hundreds of returning guests.
• Opened this Luxury boutique Hotel April 1st, 2010
• Hired and Trained all hotel associates
• Managed Critical Path for opening of the hotel
• Managed all FF&E, OS&E and CG&S purchases
• Achieved 4 Diamond status within six months of opening
• Awarded 2011 GM of the Year with Charlestowne Hotels
• Named Top 25 General Manager to Watch by Hotel Management Magazine November 2012
• As of 2012, Independently Managed all operations of the hotel for new ownership
• Project Manager for new 20 million addition to the hotel 2012 through present
• Managed Critical Path for opening of the new addition working closely with contractors, designers and architects as well as City Planners and Historic Preservation Advocates.
• Outstanding Associate satisfaction with many associates working at the hotel 3-5 years.
• 88.11% Annual Occupancy 2014
• #12 Best Boutique Hotel In America by Business Insider July 2015
• TripAdvisor's prestigious Hall of Fame award, for winning the Certificate of Excellence five years in a row, June 2015
• 2015 Best Hotel in the USA by US News & World Report Travel February 2015
• Voted by travelers as a Top 10 Small Hotel in the United States by Trip Advisor January 2015
• 2014 Conde Nast Traveler Gold List for a second year, December 2013
• Condé Nast Traveler's prestigious 2013 Gold List December 2012