Manager, Sustainability, Education & Adventure
November 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Social Entrepreneur. Visionary. Driving Transformation.
A strategic consulting firm working with organizations to focus, innovate and re-imagine possibilities for what they do. We create shared value through innovation design, systems thinking and multi-sector partnerships.
Lululemon's sustainability vision is to elevate the world from mediocrity to greatness by embracing social, environmental and economic health in every part of the organization and in all global communities. A values-based company with a mission to create components for people to live long, healthy and fun lives.
• Innovative Program Design - Developed People Powered Toolkit and accompanying process for 6,000 employees across 17 countries. An innovative leadership management tool for employee engagement to transform ideas into tangible actions with measurable impacts.
• Vision & Strategy
• Change Management
• Leadership Development
Co-developed brand strategy, communications and marketing material for this capacity development firm that advises entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and thought leaders across multiple sectors on innovative approaches for realizing social impact at scale. I was drawn to Nsansa's vision and joyful approach to unleashing human potential, playing with purpose and catalyzing social impact.
• Completed market research, proposal and plan focused on market-based and multi-disciplinary approaches to global health and global development for clients at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
• Analyzed cutting edge internship and fellowship models to synthesize and inform future human capital plans focused on expansion to emerging markets in Asia and Africa.
Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.
• Strategic Planning, Branding and Visibility
• Recruitment, Organizational Design and Leading a High Functioning Team
• Partnership Development and Community Engagement
• Project Management and Design
• Developed Donor management strategy
• Planned and executed four annual special events for diverse stakeholders, including We Day
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that offers socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences.
What began as a vision for greater youth engagement in Western Canada, led to a quickly growing operation. In establishing Me to We's first regional office, I relied on my skills as a strategic thinker, a collaborative relationship builder and a resourceful manager in various capacities, including:
• New Business Development based on feasibility study and proposed business plan
• Start up and Operating Process, including legal filing, fleet vehicles & office set-up
• Financial Projecting and Monitoring
• Recruitment, Management and Training of 4 local staff
• Partnership Development
• PR, Branding and Visibility, as the spokesperson and media relations manager
As a hard-working professional and quick learner, I was promoted to progressive responsibilities in various key roles. In 2009, I become the youngest Director on the Me to We team.
As a team-member for this locally owned outdoor retailer committed to sustainable practices and building local community, I first experienced triple bottom line management at Trailhead.
In addition to sales, product placement and customer experience, I was responsible for providing high level education and technical product knowledge on top outdoor clothing and equipment brands. This included product lines from Arcteryx, Atomic, Canada-Goose, Chaco, Icebreaker, Keen, North Face, Patagonia and Salomon among many others.
Kandalore teaches youth an appreciation of nature, a healthy sense of self-esteem, an understanding of others and the necessary skills to become effective leaders.
During my five summers working at Kandalore, I served as a River Guide, Instructor and Manager of Canoeing among various responsibilities.
Beginning as their youngest staff member, I developed unique leadership skills, and sense of responsibility very early in my career. This included; risk management, tolerance for adversity and uncertainty, group dynamics management, creative problem solving and conflict resolution.