Partners in Care, an affiliate of the Visiting Nurse Service of New York
Labor Relations Manager
February 2014 — Present
• Manage the day to day facets of daily labor relations issues with Home Health Aides and Office Staff.
• Manage the 1199/SEIU contract and assist with all Union activities.
• Schedule 3rd Step Termination Grievances with all of the relevant staff (HHA, 1199, HHA Supervisor), participate in the grievance process, make recommendations on the outcome and follow through on the implementation of the decisions.
• Investigate/resolve employee complaints, issues and concerns.
• Advice management and employees on employment policies, procedures as needed in order to maintain maximum operational efficiency.
• Conduct Office Staff exit interviews and develop analysis report.
• Responsible for notifying HHA Supervisor when the notice of HHA Subsequent Arrest is received from the NYS DOH CHRC.
• Act as back up to the VP of HR on resolving volatile situations involving training classes, interactions between HHAs and their Supervisors, terminations, Police activity or other law enforcement requests.