Palo Alto, Other
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. - Nelson Mandela
June 2013 — August 2013
Chevron Energy Technology Center (ETC) International Heavy Oil Center
- Analyze and interpret well history data and production data for over 500 Kern River horizontal wells for enhanced oil recovery through steam injection.
- Develop integrated, dynamic data analysis program utilizing Microsoft Access, Spotfire, DSS, and LOWIS to analyze and interpret data for use as an analog for global thermal heavy oil projects.
- Investigate production profile and forecasting with Decline Curve Analysis and Estimated Ultimate Recovery(EUR) P10/50/90 projections for groupings of horizontal wells by sands, production date, drilling packages, and peak rate.
Environmental HSE Specialist
May 2010 — April 2013
Schlumberger Rosharon Campus (SRC)
- Supervise engineering, qualification testing, and explosives manufacturing at technology center of ~ 1000 employees in all environmental matters.
- Responsible for all environmental regulation compliance with the EPA and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality(TCEQ) dealing with Hazardous Waste for a LQG, onsite Waste TreatmentFacility, onsite Water Wells and Treatment, Air Emissions, and Stormwater.
- Supervise and assist in all on site emergencies including spills, injuries, unplanned detonations, and extreme weather conditions.
- Perform engineering analysis and calculation for EPA and TCEQ reports for Toxic Release Inventory (TRI), Tier II for Cu and Pb, Annual Waste Summary(AWS), Permit preparation and application for Stormwater, Well Water, Hazardous Waste, Air New Source Review and Permits by Rule.
- Develop, review, and revise site plans including Emergency Management Plan(EMP), Business Continuity Plan(BCP), Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan(SWP3), Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure(SPPC) Plan, and RCRA Contingency Plan.
- Work with all product groups on Hazard Analysis and Risk Control(HARC) plans for operations, deviations from SOPs, and client testing at onsite test wells and flow loop.
- Lead workshops on HARCs, Chemical Approval Process, Observation/ Interventions, and Waste Management.
- Routinely teach Hazard Communication course for all site employees.
- Audit hazardous waste contractors, disposal facilities, and recycling facilities.
- Respond to and manage unexpected regulatory environmental incidents and investigations.
May 2008 — May 2010
Schlumberger Reservoir Completions (SRC)
- Design Engineer for Packers product group at Schlumberger Reservoir Completions.
- Perform ISO qualification testing of Packers including envelope calculation, design work and review, CAD modeling with ProE, assembly with operators, and testing on location.
- Redesign Packers and Completion Accessories for Rapid Response to clients and field locations.
- Lead engineer on dual bore ESP Packer development for deep water Gulf of Mexico Chevron well.
- Train and mentor incoming Design Engineers and Designers to Packers Rapid Response group.
- Train and facilitate work with our Indian Technology Center in Pune, India.
Open Hole Wireline Field Engineer
March 2007 — May 2008
- Lead Open hole logging wireline and tough logging conditions(TLC) of Platform Express, AIT, HRLA, FMI, MSIP, DSI, ECS, EMS, HNGS, CMR, and MDT tools including open hole perforations.
- Cased hole logging of USIT, CBL, MSIP, SSLT, DSLT, QSLT tools including shaped charge perforation.
- Supervise a crew of operators on wellsite jobs and base location at largest US Land wireline district.
- Regularly chosen to cover jobs in Shreveport, LA and Mexia, TX covering all of east Texas, northern Louisiana, and part of Arkansas.
- Proficient in radiation, explosive, and pressure regulations and operations as it applies to the oilfield.
- Train and mentor incoming Junior Field Engineers on coursework, field operations, wellsite jobs, and regulations.
Master of Science (MS), Energy Resources Engineering
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science (BS), Mechanical Engineering
University of Cambridge
Study Abroad, Mechanical Engineering