First State Ballet Theatre
Development Director at @fsbtheatre on a mission to move more behinds to theater seats. Passionate for the performing arts, marketing & travel. Opinions = mine.
Marketing | Advertising | Arts | International Business | Creative Problem Solving
Marketing/Advertising Executive working with US and Brazil based clients.
September 2014 — Present
• Designed and created website for new, Memphis based, non-profit: www.litememphis.com
• Perform monthly updates and maintenance on website.
First State Ballet Theatre
June 2013 — Present
• Successfully raised over $176,160 in donations, sponsorships and grants since summer 2013.
• Redesigned company website to direct traffic to ticket sales and donations: firststateballet.com. Website received 62,224 page views since launch in April 2014 and 1,800 unique visitors a month.
• Submitted 30+ grant and sponsorship applications to local and national foundations and corporations.
• Coordinate events for patrons including Opening Night Donor After-Parties, Nutcracker Tea and more.
• Increased social media presence bringing in 500 Facebook likes, 600 Twitter followers, 410 Instagram followers and created 8 marketing videos published on Youtube.
• Executed an end-of-year individual donor campaign which tripled the amount raised the previous year and doubled the number of donors for the calendar year. Designed the campaign site at www.sharethepassion.org.
• Execute major gifts, donor relations, prospect development, annual giving and events.
• Assist the Executive Director in board development.
November 2012 — May 2013
• Coordinated a $30,000 ad buy of both print and online packages of major trade and local publications for Events DC’s Walter E. Washington Convention Center 10th Anniversary campaign.
• Produced and managed social media strategies for major clients and Bravery Corp.
• Provided support on internal operations tasks including research, budgeting, analysis, and management of other partner-owned corporate entities as well as general public relations tasks.
Alpha Delta Pi Sorority
December 2011 — December 2012
• Lead a 170-member organization with an operating budget of over $100,000.
• Managed thirty six officers ensuring that events and programs were executed professionally and our public relations remained positive.
• Served as head of the executive committee coordinating communication between chapter members, the university, chapter advisors, and the international executive office.
GWU Center for Latin American Issues
January 2012 — October 2012
• Utilized Portuguese and Spanish language skills to coordinate registration and run events with international political leader and visitors.
• Managed details for company programs by finalizing the itineraries with venues and speakers, updating website materials, and proof reading program materials.
U.S. Department of Education
New Media Intern
May 2012 — August 2012
• Supported the rebranding of Federal Student Aid and the launch of their new website by evaluating design options and testing website functions.
• Managed social media accounts by creating content and increasing engagement, followers, and likes.
• Compiled a weekly new media report comparing analytics from Spredfast, Bitly, ThinkUp, and more.
Meridian International Center
September 2011 — April 2012
• Designed the website using the Ning platform for the Meridian Council on Women’s Leadership to make an informational and social media hub focused on women’s leadership. (http://councilonwomensleadership.ning.com/)
• Compiled research reports on grants, board members, and corporations for office files.
• Contracted for the spring semester to continue website marketing plan and maintenance.
Alpha Delta Pi Sorority
Director of Social Enrichment and Risk Management
December 2010 — December 2011
• Balanced a budget of over $25,000 to plan and execute yearly events for 200+ guests.
• Worked on the executive board to operate and lead the organization of 170 members.
• Oversaw a team of 8 members that created programming for internal and external affairs and ran a 12 member committee to prevent risk in chapter functions.
GWU Department of Theater and Dance
Promotions Office Assistant
September 2010 — May 2011
• Hand-selected publicized events in the DC metro area and promoted them via a daily e-newsletter.
• Supported department shows by promoting events through their social networking accounts, speaking with the GW community, and with general administrative support.
• Managed the box office and recorded ticket sales during department productions.
September 2009 — May 2010
• Raised over $5,000 for the university to fund scholarship programs and the general annual funds.
• Served as a liaison for alumni to their alma mater by providing updates on new university projects and facilitating ways for them to give back to the university.
The George Washington University - School of Business
Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business and Marketing
Universidade Federal do Paraná
Certificate of Intensive Completion, Portuguese