October 2011 — Present
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works with administrators and instructional teams to plan and implement hands-on programs and activities for students and the school.
2. Participates as an active member with other faculty and staff.
3. Participates in a cooperative effort with faculty and staff to plan, implement and evaluate
programs of continuing school improvement.
4. Manages classroom and supervises proper care of equipment used.
5. Participates in personal professional growth activities focused on the acquisition of new and
improved skills and knowledge.
6. Diagnoses and analyzes student progress and programs for the purpose of providing
appropriate instruction based on the developmental stages of students.
7. Utilizes a variety of instructional techniques to meet the individual needs of students.
8. Utilizes technology and current research in instruction.
9. Evaluates students’ progress on a regular basis.
10. Utilizes classroom management techniques conducive to an effective classroom climate.
11. Shows sensitivity to students, parents and the community and promotes student self-
12. Maintains professional relationship between school and parents.
13. Maintains contact with parents through parent-teacher conferences, telephone, or written
14. Encourages parental involvement through school activities, connecting home and school.
15. Maintains all records as required, including but not limited to grade books, attendance
records and student progress reports.
16. Assists in the protection of student and school property.
17. Responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by
OCPS. With the support of the district, attends training to ensure skill level in various
technologies is at the level required to perform in current position.
18. Responsible for timely and accurate information they maintain as part of their job
19. Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.