October 2012 — Present
ECS Inc an NRG Energy Company
• Conducted quarterly, semi-annual and annual operational audits. Prepared final report with appropriate conclusions and recommendations
• Drafted and reviewed SOP and policies and procedures
• Develop, implement and lead compliance testing plan to reduce risk exposure. Full compliance on policies and procedures of market rules and regulations was lacking prior to testing plan developed. Analyzed and tested standard operating procedures within transactions and processes and report to executive management recommendations for improvement. Starting September through December 2015 controls will be put in place to mitigate the penalties and achieve full compliance by Q1 2016.
• At the direction of executive management, participated in project leadership role of investigating and recording nonstandard contract terms and reported variances along with recommendations for improvement. Result of project was corporate finance had uniform contract terms for report and metric analysis beginning summer, 2015.
• Software is updated upon issuance of a new market rules and prior market events. Tasked with validating software updates by testing output data prior to submission. Error free data is submitted to the market (Independent System Operators/Regional Transmission Organizations) thus avoiding penalties and fines.