Neighborhood Centers Inc.
Director of Marketing
September 2016 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
I am passionate about helping people tell their stories in authentic ways. I’ve successfully implemented programs to increase brand awareness, concisely communicate with customers and employees, and market products and services. I’m adept at online and traditional marketing, PR, content creation, public speaking, advertising...
I partner with major companies to develop effective communication and marketing strategies, social media growth, live events, and online campaigns that build communities and increase customer engagement.
* Built a combined social media presence of nearly 300,000 followers across Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and e-mail subscriptions.
* Planned and executed marketing campaigns to connect with multicultural and general market and family-based audiences.
* Created two popular blogs, Mocha Dad & Mocha Man Style to serve as content distribution channels.
* Wrote website content for customer sites and blogs using SEO techniques and social media to drive traffic and increase engagement.
* Scripted, produced, and/or served as talent in online video campaigns for companies such as General Mills, Kellogg’s, Chrysler, Wells Fargo, Tide/Downy, and Puritan’s Pride.
* Hosted branded Google+ Hangouts and Twitter Chats for various companies to engage audience, promote products, and build community.
* Planned, executed and hosted live events for Kellogg’s, GQ Magazine, Tide, Puritan’s Pride, Dr. Pepper/Snapple, and Mocha Dad.
* Leveraged local and national media contacts to place clients’ products on TV, radio, print, and online.
* Wrote e-mail marketing campaigns to motivate audience to visit websites, contribute to fundraising campaigns, or purchase products.
Mocha Dad is a website that discusses parenting from a father's perspective. I'm passionate about helping men to be great dads, husbands, and role models.
Mocha Dad has been listed on several Top Dad Blogger lists (Cision, Babble) and is identified as an influential Dad in the book "Power Moms" by Maria Bailey.
Click Links below for Website, Media Appearances, Speaking Engagements, and Social Media.
I have published work in following print and online publications: New York Times, Essence, Your Teen Mag, Babble, Voxxi, Mamiverse, MommyNoire, Emerge, UPSCALE, Urban Profile, YSB, The Houston Chronicle, Angels on Earth, Campus Life. My essays have been included in the books "Paper Thin/Soul Deep" and "The African American Book of Values."
Mocha Man Style is an online destination for modern, sophisticated men who like fashion, cars, travel, fine dining, and music. Our mission is to deliver valuable content that resonates in the lives of our audience.
I have partnered with several fashion, tech, auto, travel, and luxury brands to deliver engaging content and events.