City Year Corps Member
August 2012 — June 2013
• Cultivate richer ties with corporate sponsors through panels and forums that lead to an increase in funding and grants awarded to City Year.
• Strengthen City Year’s relationship with school administration and teachers by building trust and communication.
Teaching and Mentoring
• Create teaching plans, organize and run an after-school program with an emphasis in community service learning, tutoring, and enrichment clubs for over 60 students from 3rd to 5th grade.
• Support 5th grade math classes through teaching, behavior management and tutoring.
• Mentor students one-on-one to strengthen academic performance and personal development.