The California Endowment
Senior Administrative Assistant
December 2015 — Present
• Answers the telephone promptly, responds to inquiries and requests for information, provides assistance or directs calls to the appropriate party in a timely manner.
• Reads and responds to incoming correspondence and prepares outgoing communications.
• Manages the flow of information from multiple sources into the department or departments; prioritizes and delegates activities, coordinates responses and ensures appropriate documentation is maintained at all times.
• Maintains calendars and synchronizes with master department calendar as needed; makes necessary arrangements for appointments, meetings, seminars, conferences or travel in a timely manner.
• Routinely schedules appointments and other events, notifying all participants in a timely manner.
• Makes travel arrangements and prepares and processes expense reports.
• Provides logistical support to meetings and other events to ensure successful outcomes; locates meeting sites and arranges catering, audiovisual and other room/meeting requirements, may provide other meeting support such as agenda and materials preparation, attend meetings and record and distribute minutes or other meeting documentation.
• Accurately enters and updates data and maintains the integrity of relevant databases.
• Edits and types a variety of correspondence, memos and check requisitions and effectively composes other routine correspondence.
• Gathers and synthesizes data and prepares complex reports including charts, graphs and tables for review and approval.
• Monitors supply levels and maintains adequate inventory to ensure maximum productivity.
• Creates and maintains functional filing systems (electronic and hard copy).