Hachette Book Group
Designer, Children's Division
April 2008 — Present
• Handle cover and interior design for a variety of books each season including several of the company’s highest revenue drivers, The Twilight Saga and James Patterson’s Maximum Ride Series.
• Manage a team of artists and freelancers for the Licensing Division within Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.
• Maintain an easy to navigate filing system of printer ready cover and interior files. This ensures other members of the team can easily access files when needed.
• Maintain relationships with stock photography agencies, freelance artists, and artist agencies.
• Oversee reprints within the design department; ensuring corrections are being made and materials are delivered to production on time.
• Create contracts for outside vendors and manage detailed records of all vendor activity.
• Coordinate and execute product shots for sales and marketing departments.