The Education Policy and Leadership Center
Coordinator of the Pennsylvania Art Education Network
June 2012 — Present
The Pennsylvania Arts Education Network is a coalition of arts, arts education, and advocacy organizations and individuals working together to strengthen public and policymaker support for Arts Education in Pennsylvania. Directed by a Steering Committee of influential arts and education organizations across the state, The Pennsylvania Arts Education Network is currently being operated through the Education Policy and Leadership Center.
• Developed and engaged the Network’s Steering Committee to direct future strategic efforts of the Network and to ensure the Network’s activities add value to arts and education stakeholders across Pennsylvania
• Organized an Arts Education Advocacy Day at the State Capitol that included a press conference featuring speakers from the Legislative Arts & Culture Caucus, Citizens for the Arts in Pennsylvania, and each of the four arts education disciplines’ statewide professional organizations; and distributed information to each of Pennsylvania’s 263 legislators
• Prepared and presented a workshop, Supporting Arts Education With Effective Public Policy, with the Arts Education Partnership at the Kennedy Center Alliance for Arts Education Networks’ 2013 Symposium
• Created communication and branding strategy for the Network, both internally and externally—this includes monthly statewide conference calls, newsletters, and web and social media initiatives
• Generated and promoted a statewide policy agenda that consists of six action items state and district policymakers can take to support arts education
• Crafted shared advocacy messaging for a coalition of arts, arts education, and advocacy organizations to support the goals of the policy agenda throughout the state
- Supported Citizens for the Arts in Pennsylvania in creating an Arts and Culture Caucus in the Pennsylvania General Assembly.