Business Development Manager
June 2015 — Present
Investment Manager for Crowdcube. Dedicated to UK-based businesses, Crowdcube enables entrepreneurs to showcase their business’s investment potential online and raise equity and bond finance from a nation of ‘Armchair Dragons’. This revolutionary model for raising business finance is designed to bridge the funding gap that is prevalent in today’s business landscape.
Launched in 2011, Crowdcube’s disruptive model is democratising an age-old model to give Britain’s start-ups and growth companies a much-needed boost. It is the next generation of business finance and a powerful force that finally empowers entrepreneurs to bypass business angel networks, venture capital firms and banks to secure funding elsewhere.
As a business development manager, I am responsible for finding and guiding start-ups through the Crowdcube process.
- Outbound activity to find new exciting start-ups to raise through Crowdcube.
- Educating the start-up community of the benefits of equity crowdfunding.
- Nurturing start-ups through the Crowdcube process.
- Managing pitch preparation with entrepreneurs.
- Working with entrepreneurs before and during their campaign to ensure the best chances of success.