Management Consulting, Technology Consulting, Process Transformation, Change Management
Emily has over six years combined experience in strategy, change management, process transformation, supply chain management, and project management in a number of industries including High Tech, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Government, and Non-Profit. As a management consultant, she is passionate about helping clients work thr...
Work with clients to solve difficult problems by bridging the gap between business and technology.
August 2012 — Present
Boeing Client Engagement
• Supported integration of six companies through organizational change management initiatives including development and coordination of a leadership offsite.
• Conducted discovery interviews across functions and organizational levels to assess effectiveness of current ongoing communications. Recommended specific long-term initiatives and quick wins to be implemented with constrained resource levels.
• Designed and developed a real-time executive dashboard providing new visibility into customer contracts.
Microsoft Client Engagements
• Managed six-person team across multiple work streams by structuring the overall delivery approach, building and executing the project plan, and providing direction to team members to Produce high quality deliverables. Resulted in on-time delivery of seven technical whitepapers to three clients within three months in a highly resource constrained project.
• Led a supply chain and product portfolio assessment project. Performed data analysis, structured a standard data collection process, and developed executive dashboards. Resulted in executive level insight into supply chain issues.
• Created tool to increase collaboration across organizational silos and increase client’s visibility within the company.
Gates Foundation Engagement
• Conducted discovery interviews across teams and organizational levels and performed analysis to formulate a recommended technical solution.
• Drafted functional requirements, process documentation, and test plan.
Thunderbird School of Global Management
Strategy Consultant (During MBA Program)
May 2011 — May 2012
Multi-Stakeholder Partnership Development (Mumbai, India)
• Led a team on a client engagement to develop a strategy for multi-stakeholder collaboration based on best practices, the current state of the industry, and resource availability; resulted in better strategic partnerships with CEO level individuals from selected organizations.
• Managed effectively all aspects of project phases including contract negotiation, work plan development, and scope management.
• Results and progress were communicated with stakeholders.
Current State Analysis & Strategy (Phoenix, AZ)
• Completed a current state analysis through research, stakeholder interviews, an internal document review, and facilitating a workshop with the board of directors and executive director.
• Built client relationships through strategic dialogues and clear and thoughtful written communications.
• Analyzed all research materials to form recommendations and create a three-year strategic plan that was officially accepted by the board of directors for immediate implementation.
Business Development Advisory (Lima, Peru)
• Provided individualized business advisory services to 24 Peruvian micro-entrepreneurs; resulted in improved business performance, new competitive strategies, and increased client confidence in planning and decision-making.
• Established trusted client relationships in culturally diverse environment; resulted in increased implementation and effectiveness of recommendations.
Arizona Governor's Office for Children, Youth and Families
June 2009 — May 2011
• Managed $4.2 million budget: tracked spending, created budget proposals, and requested fund allocations and budget changes from Governor-appointed Commission.
• Prioritized and managed a wide variety of project management responsibilities: developed work plans, tracked project milestones, communicated with stakeholders, and facilitated cross-functional team meetings; resulted in successful allocation of funds on a short timeline.
• Controlled risk through supplier monitoring: developed standardized metrics and reporting tools, reviewed supplier reports, and conducted audits.
• Managed procurement state funded programs: drafted request for proposals, facilitated third party evaluation of proposals, and drafted and oversaw review of contractual agreements.
• Networked and established strategic relationships with internal stakeholders leading to significantly improved communication channels.
IBM Global Business Services
February 2008 — December 2008
• Designed and managed issue management tool; resulted in increased efficiency, effectiveness, visibility and transparency of the project.
• Collaborated with representatives from all functional areas and management levels; resulted in ensuring full compliance with project requirements.
• Managed tool implementation by creating training curriculum and facilitating knowledge transfer to 300 team members.
• Supported project management activities on a large scale SAP implementation such as tracking executive level tasks, designing the issue management system, and communicating high-level project decisions to staff.
Global Strategic Sourcing Intern
May 2007 — August 2007
• Led and supported contract negotiations for multiple projects resulting in $125,000 in savings over a three-year period.
• Managed three sourcing projects worth $800,000 by coordinating responsibilities of three cross-functional teams.
• Analyzed supplier responses and presented proposed decision to stakeholders.
• Participated in and contributed to three day sourcing process improvement conference.
Arizona Historical Society
Exhibits Buyer Intern
September 2005 — July 2006
• Found possible sources of supply and chose the most cost effective within state purchasing regulations.
• Created purchase orders and other purchasing documentation for operating materials and specialized items.
• Developed a detailed training manual outlining the state regulated purchasing process.
Thunderbird School of Global Management
MBA in Global Management
Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business
B.S, Supply Chain Management
Arizona State University
Certificate, International Business
Arizona State University