Teach For America
Manager of Teacher Leadership Development
August 2013 — Present
• Observes and provides weekly feedback to 26 teachers.
• Has bi-weekly meetings with principals about teachers’ development.
• Leads professional development for Teach for America Corps Members that aligns with their particular development needs. Writes the professional development to directly support the needs of struggling teachers.
• Works with other MTLDs to provide direct support to struggling teachers at their placement schools. This is done through intensive 3-4 week long support that provides feedback 2-3 times a week to turn classrooms from destructive/apathetic to on-task and engaged.
• In a working group to determine rigor benchmarks for K-8.
• In a working group to determine the elements of literacy K-5 for incoming Corps Members.