Planning and Operations Drilling Engineer
September 2012 — Present
• Implement safe, environmentally sound and efficient offshore well operations.
• Ensure regulatory and company policy (Drilling and Well Operations Practices) conformance in all well operations.
• Develop realistic Cost Estimates/AFE.
• Manage Well Projects Through BP Integrated Well Planning Road Map System
• Recommend implementation of new techniques and practices.
• Follow up on significant problems & make recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Provide technical assistance & operational analysis to offshore personnel.
• Draft Rig Work Instructions/Operations notes for Drill Crew.
• Assist the Cost Analyst in tracking costs.
• Provide daily and weekly project status reports and information for BP management.
• Provide guidance and instructions to the selected service companies.
• Order equipments within company policy through BP Equipment Integrity Assurance Team.
• Maintain good communications and awareness amongst well operations related sections by holding onshore pre-spud or pre-workover meetings.
• Provide offshore support by holding pre-spud meetings, and assistance during critical drilling and workover operations, such as casing/ cementing jobs.