Ernst & Young
Transaction Advisory Services | Senior
April 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Senior | Transaction Advisory Services | Ernst & Young
Consistently rated as top 15% of class, I exceeded expectations on such metrics as people, quality, market growth, and operational excellence. Auditing provided an in-depth insider view of businesses that is conducive to a wide range of career options.
- Supervised and coached 1-5 direct reports in teams ranging from 4-14 people on engagements that demand knowledge of US GAAP, COSO framework, Small Business Administration requirements, and PCAOB requirements.
- Deployed risk assessment methodology to audit warranty, intangibles and common stock valuation, inventory reserves, and revenue (including PCS, VSOE).
- Prepared memos on ASC 718 Compensation — Stock Compensation, ASC 820 Fair Value Measurement and Disclosure, ASC 985-605 Software – Revenue Recognition, ASC 805 Business Combinations
- Clients included Hercules Technology Growth Capital, Avid Technology, Zynga, Unity Technologies, and LeapFrog
Competitively selected to participate in an 8-week rotation program to perform financial due diligence on target companies.
- Analyzed 16-month sales data of 4 product groups to evaluate impact of 11 advertisement, 7 discount tactics for Longs Drugs
- Managed case strategy; taught Excel regression skills to 4 fellow team members; edited 14-page report; oversaw, quality-tested Excel dashboard deliverable
- Developed marketing plan with team of 6 for Community Bank of the Bay about Bay Area Green Fund™
- Periodic meetings with and final 45-minute presentation to CEO, Sustainability Programs Director
- Examined dynamics of over-indebtedness in Asia, Europe, U.S.
- Authored 20-page report with data from EU Commission Reports, white papers
- Expanded project scope to 15 tasks, executed all in 11 weeks while supervising 6 committee members
- Persuaded C-level management to adopt client loyalty program costing 30% of historical budget
- Piloted top-down individual performance reviews to model corporate experience
- Spearheaded Welcome Week Membership Drive—strategized, scheduled 13 interns for 5-day exhibition
- Co-planned and delivered 7-hour training day for 24 interns: adding more hands-on learning, eschewing unusual operations to minimize information overload
- Reformed evaluation methodology by timing tests and replacing matching questions with case scenarios to mirror customer-service nature of branch operations