Glassblowing Operations Coordinator
June 2014 — Present
My role is a diverse and varied one which requires excellent time management, negotiation and communication skills as well as sound and adaptable computer knowledge. Here is a summarised breakdown of the various tasks and responsibilities I manage:
- Receiving enquires and communicating with customers accordingly, following the contract review process thoroughly to ensure all further transactions run smoothly.
- Issuing quotations using Excel and SAP.
- Processing sales orders, creating relevant product codes and bills of material as required.
- Procuring all required materials and components for manufactured items as well as standard resale items.
- Managing workload for the department and liaising with glassblowing colleagues to prioritise jobs according to customer timelines.
- Manufacturing glassware in accordance with bill of materials and drawing as agreed at the contract review stage.
- Quality checking all glassware manufactured onsite before despatch.
- Dispatching goods via the most cost effective method, raising a delivery note through SAP and providing the customer with a tracking number for their order.
- Handling customer complaints in a professional and timely manor working together with management and suppliers to ensure issues are resolved in the least disruptive way possible.
- Performing day to day fire warden duties including weekly alarm checks.
- Tracking workload and collating monthly sales figures and forecasts to present to management.
- Setting annual, customer specific pricing structures using Excel.