Process Development Engineer/Precision Machining Engineer
December 2009 — Present
- Develop, implement and maintain methods, operation sequences and processes in the precision machining or fabrication of parts, components, sub‑assemblies and final assemblies.
- Identify and implement continuous process improvements, in collaboration with engineering and integration teams.
- Inspect products for quality assurance (interferometry, and contact profilometry).
- Create CAD models (Creo Parametric 3.0) for design fixtures, mold layouts, and lenses.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Managed process improvement project to reduce required production capital equipment cost by 20%.
- Developed process to reduce production cycle time by 33% and reduce defects by more than 17%.
- Orchestrated process transfer from R&D to Production.
- Co-managed ERP system development and company-wide launch.
- Led DOE and root-cause analysis to attack urgent production issues.