Mercer County Community College
Music Department Teaching and Administrative Assistant
August 2008 — Present
• Act as administrative assistant to the Music Department coordinator, being responsible for organizing his classes, schedule, responding to phone calls/emails and acting as a general liaison.
• Coordinate and oversee all departmental office duties: budget, adjunct and faculty
schedules/contracts/pay, instrument maintenance and repair, student scheduling and transfer
advisement, room scheduling, instrument and music stand loans, and other secretarial duties including work orders for room/office maintenance and repairs.
• Trained to use college mainframe system, Integrow and the new system, Colleague.
• Representative for the Music Department at every campus Open House and “Meet and Greet”, answering questions about the college, Music department and transferring out of a community college.
• Help organize and coordinate the Music aspect of the Mercer County Teen Arts Festival (annual): room organization and scheduling, equipment/instrument setup, student/adjunct trafficking.
• Coordinate all aspects of the Music Department Concert Series (held at the end of each semester): publicity (radio/TV/internet/newspaper), work orders for equipment, program design and printing, coordination of sound/lighting design tech, rehearsal scheduling and stage/house management of actual events.
• Act as liaison for the Mercer County Symphonic Band, and the MCCC and Music Department,
handling all monetary transactions, purchased requisitions, assisting in rehearsal space reservations and general office needs.
• Tutor all Music Department courses: Music Theory (all levels), Piano, Music History (all levels),
Vocals (coaching, diction and instruction for both choral and solo singing).
• Typed, formatted and printed the initial prototype of the Music Theory textbook (and handouts)
for coordinator, James J Kelly. Included: text, homework, tests and other essential study materials.