KIPP Academy Elementary School
July 2011 — Present
I currently teach a diverse homeroom class of 26 fourth graders. Additionally, I am the lead writing teacher on our grade team and teach 80 fourth graders daily. I deliver differentiated reading, writing, math and social studies content daily.
As 4th grade team lead, I oversee the working of our grade and help to coach and manage the other members of my team. In this capacity, I am a member of our school-wide leadership team. I serve as mentor to a first year teacher and facilitate all facets of her management.
• Founding member of 2nd Grade Team (2011-2012); Founding 3rd Grade Team Leader (2012-2013); Founding 4th Grade Team Leader (2013-present) Member of School Leadership Team (2012-present)
• Create and execute lessons, unit plans and assessments that meet Common Core State Standards
• Oversee all facets of grade team including academic and character development; lead weekly professional meetings to cultivate and direct grade level team
• Currently mentor a first-year teaching fellow and oversee all components of her professional development
• Participate in semiweekly professional development to continuously improve practice
• Actively partner with families, students and staff to meet a diverse range of academic and personal needs