Vice President, Business/Legal Affairs
April 2009 — Present
• Draft and negotiate license agreements, master services/service level agreements, sweepstakes/contest rules, promotional partnerships, insertion orders, privacy policies, terms and conditions, etc., for Brand Partnership & Franchise Management division, which includes consumer product, interactive (online and mobile), sponsorship and promotion, and live events departments.
• Oversee business and legal affairs with respect to digital production and distribution, including joint ventures/partnerships for content production, financing and/or distribution, all standard production agreements, and content distribution and monetization. Evaluate and advise on new business models relating to content partnerships, financing and distribution.
• Assess risk with respect to intellectual property rights and regulatory compliance for new or expanding areas of business, particularly with respect to new media content exploitation, social networking, gaming/gambling and promotions.
• Advise interactive and new media groups on legal and business issues relating to execution of social media and mobile marketing initiatives, including mobile apps, Facebook/Twitter activations, exploitation via YouTube and UGC programs.
• Collaborate with interactive, live events, creative and promotions teams to adapt to evolving regulatory schemes and define best industry practices.