June 2011 — Present
• Receive written prescription and enter data or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
• Establish or maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
• Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
• Answer multi-line telephones, responding to questions or requests.
• Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
• Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
• Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
• Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
• Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enter inventory data into computer.
• Operate cash registers to accept payment from customers.
• Transfer medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques.
• Prepare and process medical insurance claim forms and records.