Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Young Adult in Global Mission
Recruiter for ELCA Global Mission
• Organized and conducted recruitment visits to universities to recruit young adults to the Young Adults in Global Mission program and Global Mission two-year programs.
• Conducted recruitment efforts at job and volunteer events.
• Initiated contact with career development offices, professors, campus ministries and other universities groups.
• Performed database entry and contact follow-up with professional contacts throughout the Midwestern United States.
Policy Analyst for the Ecumenical Service for Socio-Economic Transformation
• Analyzed government policies and their impact on informal workers in Johannesburg, and seasonal and short-time workers in surrounding rural areas in South Africa.
• Hosted conferences and forums regarding the informal economy to facilitate increased awareness and dialogue with local and provincial policymakers.
• Edited and reviewed articles concerning workers in the informal economy.
Special Projects Manager for the Lutheran Community Outreach Foundation
• Overhauled the Foundation’s Kids’ Week event from a system originally meant for 75 participants to now accommodate 600 participants.
• Organized, administered and provided logistical support for Kids’ Week three times a year for between 450 and 550 participants.
• Managed 70 volunteer leaders for Kids Week and mentored senior leaders.
• Provided cost management by entertaining, feeding and supplying 550 youths and leaders on a budget of $1,500 for a week.
• Generated community support and involvement in Kids’ Week by overseeing the procurement of food, supplies and equipment donations from local businesses equal to 75 percent of the budget.