Manager: Retail & Trade Southern Africa
April 2012 — October 2012
Structure and company
• Reported to the Marketing Manager Africa.
• Based at head office 3 different divisions Lighting - Healthcare – Consumer lifestyle.
• Managing retail portfolio:Massmart/Wallmart - Pick & Pay - Spar -
Shoprite & Checkers - Clicks - Mica - Landmark stores - Stax.
• Managing trade portfolio: Wholesale and distribution – Bidvest entities.
• Developing and training sales teams.
• Streamlining operational processes.
• Portfolio management.
• Product training.
• Targets and budgets.
• Strategy and operations.
• Drive takeover from outsourced distribution, in-house after 8 years of outsourcing.
• Drive retail distribution sales to target of R50ML.
• Drive trade sales to target of R70M.
• Manage and deploy Phase in and Phase out of products
• Developing brands and brand awareness.
• Ensure LED lamp sales make up 5% of total lamp sales in retail and trade.
• Launch LED to the South African retail market.
• Create marketing plan for campaigns and tactical promotions for retail and trade.
• Road-map compliance.
• Efficient spend and analysis of marketing budget.
• Trademark compliance.
• Strategy, competitive brands, competition, market offering, target market assessment.
• Press releases, advertorials, editorials.
• Brand awareness.
• Pricing and GP implementation and analysis
• Point of sale innovation and execution.
• Merchandising units.
• Category management.
• Following supplier/manufacturer/retailer guidelines P.O.S
• Product and staff training.
• Business case analysis.
• Training material.
• Private labels art work conceptualising,