Senior Production Editor
May 2007 — Present
• Responsible for all core editorial tasks such as copy writing digests and key wording of legal judgments, copy editing and metadata management. Working on a variety of media platforms and content management systems (CMS) and using both XML and HTML. Handling large volumes of work within strict deadlines and liaising between various departments to achieve necessary results.
• Led a project to convert and upload legacy content to our in-house system, personally putting 120,000 files on to the website accounting for a quarter of all the case law content available; and liaising with all stakeholders to manage this process.
• Developed the data models now in use to put major loose-leaf titles such as ‘Emmett and Farrand on Title’ and ‘Ruoff & Roper: Registered Conveyancing’ online, working across cross functionally with relevant teams to identify improvements on previous data models.
• Work on compiling and publishing the Current Law Citator, a major annual publication, managing freelancers, proposing and influencing key publishing dates, identifying risks and dealing with all amendments.
• Manage the publication of the Civil Procedure Reports, building and maintaining relationships with the editor and writers, copy editing and conversion to in-house content management systems, planning and implementing schedules.
• Handling high throughput of core work above service level expectations, allowing for daily publication to service or high value content without delays.