November 2012 — Present
• Drove daily production activities with effective communication and leadership.
• Managed planning, scheduling and documentation of production.
• Supervised two production lines and ovens as well as thirty full time and temporary employees.
• Assured proper set-ups of equipment according to procedure.
• Observed depositing and assembly operations and made necessary adjustments to assure quality product.
• Assured that all graphs, reports, and QA documentation for products and processes were complete and accurate. Initiated and document next steps with QA staff.
• Worked with team members to ensure mixing and production schedules ran efficiently.
• Collaborated with Research and Development Department to develop new formulas and recipes.
• Met with Superintendent and Departmental Supervisors to assure efficiency and to plan ahead to avoid potential production or scheduling discrepancies.
• Monitored employee performance and attendance and responded accordingly. Conducted performance evaluations. Assigned lunches, breaks and scheduled rotations daily.
• Trained new production workers on proper machine use.
• Reported equipment problems and inconsistencies and developed solutions. Followed up with Maintenance and Engineering for resolutions.
• Maintained clean, safe, and efficient work areas in accordance with Safe Quality Foods regulations.
• Ensured standard operating procedures and good manufacturing procedures were maintained and abided by.
• Routinely improved product quality and reduced production costs.