Douglas Gorney - Writer, Editor, Social Media + Marketing Consultant, Collaborative Author
Douglas helps clients position themselves, differentiate their products and services, and tell their stories.
As a marketing copywriter, ghostwriter and editor, Douglas has created and edited content for the web and print for over 20 years. He has developed websites, written and edited books and book proposals, and designed print collateral.
Douglas is currently:
• Directing social media campaigns for three snack food brands under contract with the advertising/branding agency Motivate, LLC
• Editing "Institutionalization of UX: A Step-by-Step Guide to a User Experience Practice
" by Eric Schaffer, Ph.D. and Apala Lahiri (Coming in December from Addison-Wesley)
• Collaboratively authoring "The Tapas Life: Your Tasty, Active, Engaging Retirement" with Andrew Robin
Past clients have included:
• Software providers like Veritas Software/Symantec and AdviceAmerica/FiServe
• Travel outlets/aggegators such as Concierge.com and the AAA
• Consulting groups such as Human Factors International
• Artexpo New York—the world's largest fine arts trade show
• Sustainable businesses such as CMIGreen, Inc.
• Consumer product/speciality food producers like Chado-En Tea
Douglas has collaboratively authored and edited six books, in addition to articles for print magazines. He has
• Collaborative authored the sports autobiographies TAYLOR, YAZSTREMSKI and MONTANA (Rugged Land/Random House)
• Edited "Shopping for the Real You" by Andrea Pflaumer.
• Edited business and human resource books including "Job Hunt Like a Predator" by Jim Rocca (Amazon), "American Dream 3.0; Profiting from the New, Sustainable Lifestyle" by Eric Schaffer (Berret-Koehler, 2014) and "Consulting Mastery: How the Best Make the Biggest Difference" by Keith Merron (Berrett-Koehler).
• Written articles and interviews have for The Atlantic, Outside, Interactions, Moment and other publications.
Douglas is also the creator and associate producer of the comedy court show pilot MS. TRIAL (Disney/Buena Vista).