Advisory Board Member / Strategy Consultant
San Francisco, CA
Dynamic business development leader with proven success driving revenue and brand growth via strategic partnerships for start-up companies. More than 15 years experience bridging media and technology sectors, connecting consumers with content in new ways.
I am passionate about lifestyle brands and seek an opportunity to leverage my background in business strategy and partnership marketing to help build a forward-thinking company. Fanatical foodie, addicted to interior design, shoe junkie. East-coaster at heart, West-coaster by choice.
Pairing passion & purpose, in that order.
Advisory Board Member / Strategy Consultant
September 2013 — Present
Provide growth, partnership and marketing counsel to a series of lifestyle and technology start-ups.
• Yonder: A social-media app that connects people with great outdoor experiences.
• BarnRaiser: A crowd funding online community curated specifically for the clean-food movement.
• Social Studios: A Facebook app that leverages the connected home to produce personalized TV content.
• Green Mountain Digital: A digital media publisher and mobile apps developer in the nature and wildlife categories.
• Oasis For Girls: An SF-based non-profit organization giving underprivileged girls ages 14-17 the skills, knowledge and confidence to build strong futures.
• Guidepoint Global Advisors: A market research firm that helps brands gain critical insights via on-demand interactions with subject matter experts.
Senior Vice President, Distribution
July 2008 — September 2013
Previous Roles: Vice President, Digital Distribution and Director, Business Development
• Drove key business relationships with all Cable, Satellite, Telco and Digital partners, including AT&T, DIRECTV, Dish Network, Comcast, Hulu, iTunes, YouTube, Facebook and Virgin America.
• Negotiated content licensing agreements across TV, Web and mobile platforms, representing approximately $75M in annual revenue.
• Secured and executed regular partnership marketing initiatives to drive brand awareness, TV tune-in and ancillary revenue. Contributed an average of $20M in added-value marketing per year.
• Directed all partnership content efforts, including the creation of custom online series, exclusive web extras and/or promotional tune-in spots.
• Oversaw digital media operations, such as heavy workflow and asset management, vendor integrations, CMS development and third-party ad sales monetization.
• Led a company-wide social media initiative in partnership with PeopleBrowsr in an effort to drive TV tune-in.
• Developed quarterly account plans, delivered targeted sales pitches and managed an exhaustive client database.
• Presented on-going competitive insights and strategic recommendations to CEO on new emerging media trends and new business opportunities.
Director, Digital Media
July 2006 — July 2008
Previous Roles: Manager, Video Programming & Promotions
• Oversaw $5 million content licensing budget to secure a portfolio of differentiated mobile content (video, music, games, personalization).
• Managed more than 50+ partnership accounts, including Discovery, Sundance, MTV, NBCU and Disney.
• Directed digital storefront merchandising & promotion across all mobile content; drove unprecedented 3x industry average content consumption rates.
• Led monthly partnership marketing efforts, including in-store events, content pre-releases/exclusives, digital co-marketing and social media marketing.
• Defined technical device requirements, collaborated on UX wireframes and delivered monthly product analysis.
• Conceived and built Helio’s YouTube Brand Channel as part of launching YouTube’s first-ever mobile app.
E! Entertainment Television
Coordinator, Marketing & Advertising
May 2005 — July 2006
• Executed consumer marketing & advertising efforts on behalf of all E! Entertainment and Style Network TV series.
• Implemented a range of digital marketing efforts, including online media buys, ad sales promotions, email marketing, online contests and social media marketing.
• Managed all in-house advertising on EOnline.com and StyleNetwork.com; organized the creation of web assets, identified series features and launched editorial micro-sites.
• Pioneered the company’s first-ever guerrilla marketing initiatives; hired and supervised an on-going network of 50+ viral street team members and bloggers.
• Guided the go-to-market consumer strategy for launch on iTunes; created the company’s first-ever ancillary mobile products.
• Initiated and established a high profile marketing partnership with YouTube; executed a user-generated contest on behalf of E!’s The Soup series.
A.D.D. Marketing & Advertising
Online Marketing Manager
August 2003 — May 2004
• Managed the Sony (SCEA) and Nokia NGage accounts.
• Executed online marketing campaigns in an effort to drive brand awareness and product sales; coordinated all digital efforts in conjunction with brands’ live events, stream team and college campus initiatives.
• Wrote strategic marketing plans, recruited & trained 100+ street team members, directed brand messaging and presented post-campaign results.
The Loomis Chaffee School
New York University - Paris, France
Study Abroad Program
Bachelors of Arts, Political Science & French