Plant Controller of Woodhaven Furniture Industries
January 2000 — Present
Partnering with Aaron’s, Woodhaven operates 12 facilities in 5 states, making quality, affordable furniture and bedding. When customers choose furniture from Aaron’s or HomeSmart, they will get an expertly made American product at substantial savings. Woodhaven is able to control all aspects of manufacturing, styling and durability, thereby enjoying a real competitive advantage.
• Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Led 250% growth in revenues from 30 million to 105 million across the division.
• Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, accounts payable, shipping, property taxes, receiving, purchasing, billing, customer service, collections, payroll, fixed assets, computer support, and cycle counting functions. Direct the work of 16 direct reports and 20 indirect reports.
• Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for accounting activities as needed.
• Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
• Headed up team that chose and Implemented Made2Manage enterprise resource planning software with real time inventory through barcoding. Trained staff on use of software and wrote procedure related to the implantation.
• Implanted ImageNow Document Management Software to eliminate the need for paper files and all approvals were captured electronically for audit review. This process includes accounts payables, all general ledger entries, bill of material additions/changes, and inventory adjustments. Payroll will be implemented in 2014.
• Supervised growth in staff from 4 to 16 team members, limiting growth with implementation of an ERP system and streamlining procedures. Inventories grew from 4 million to 15 million and are now tracked in real time across 12 facilities including an outside warehouse with 99.3% accuracy during the last physical inventory.