Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency
November 2015 — Present
In charge of the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) funded, hip-hop focused, youth tobacco prevention campaign, for Southern California. Responsible for managing local outreach, event activations, local staff recruitment and training, pre-activation planning, coordination with venues, manage engagement staff, develop community partnerships, and other countywide engagement related tasks.
• Implement strategies to prevent tobacco use and encourage quitting tobacco within the youth Hip-Hop scene.
• Develop relationships with local businesses, community partners, venues, musicians and various other social influencers, to generate tobacco-free hip-hop movement support.
• Recruit, train and manage fifty plus person team to support the movement as brand ambassadors, event staff and influencers.
• Coordinate and work with local team members, contractors and outside parties such as venue owners, booking agents, promoters, street team members, artists, DJs, media personalities, retail owners and Hip-Hop cultural influencers.
• Collaborate with company team members to create campaign-related communication materials including, recaps, client feedback/recommendations and event proposals.
• Use social networking platforms to generate campaign awareness, recruit local youth and advertise upcoming activations.
• Provide timely reports on campaign progress to company staff and clients.
• Plan, manage and execute events, including show promotions, securing artists, activation set-up/breakdown, negotiating with venues, onsite messaging and experiential marketing.
• Plan, manage and execute special activations including, but not limited to rap battles, showcases, meet & greets, media hosted engagements and other related activations.
• Develop relationships with local artist, talent reps, booking agents, venues, production companies, local DJs, street team members, promoters, security companies and local authorities.