The Dontzin Law Firm
Paralegal Director and Litigation Support Specialist
July 2007 — October 2010
• Created and modernized the firm’s litigation support functionality;
• Implemented trusted E-Discovery (“EDD”) platform and various other software tools to streamline and mirror operations of large litigation support departments;
• Coordinated, designed and maintained document productions;
• Implemented e-books for case preparation, in lieu of paperbound books; transitioned cumbersome litigation materials to digital books for access on iPads and Kindles.
• Leadership responsibilities –
• Managed team of paralegals through delegating firm priorities, and developing successful workflow management programs;
• Hiring responsibilities: –Trained ten (10) new paralegal hires, –Created company handbook to facilitate the hiring/training process, –Sought prospective hires and participated in several interviews;
• Traditional responsibilities: –Managed internal records, –Researched relevant materials for case preparation, –Generated court filings, –Drafted legal memos and pleadings, –Produced integral graphic/visual aids for presentations, –Conducted extensive document proofing.
Attended LegalTech Convention (Los Angeles, 2009 and New York, 2010-2012).