Aloft Leawood - Overland Park Hotel under DBA of Presidian Hotels and Resorts
Sales Coordinator | Social Media Champion | Administrative Assistant
November 2010 — Present
• Provides major desktop publishing support - saved $8,500+ in printing and IT costs in current
• Catapulted business area sales by 58% vs. 2013.
• Architected new Sales processes, reducing charge-backs by an estimated 15%.
• Troubleshoots hardware and software issues.
• Quickly mastered server-based software in current position.
• Became operational on MS Publisher within 2 weeks.
• Used business intelligence and competitive research to determine where employer fits in the local
and national market.
Direct responsibility for group sales, on-site event planning and coordination of all catering functions. First line of contact for customer service issues, providing problem resolution for corporate accounts and group rooms/event clients. Assumed IT responsibilities including computer updates, anti-virus scans, password resets, assistance with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel), Windows XP/7 troubleshooting, and configuring networked printer...escalating issues when appropriate to avoid lengthy downtimes. Took on role of in-house desktop publishing of printed collateral. Fully versed in all operations of front office including clerical, computer, reservations, audit/accounting, cashier and customer service. Responsible for establishing and updating content on social media properties (Facebook, twitter, Google places, Google+, yelp, foursquare, Citysearch and Merchant Circle). Responsible for maintaining office equipment and adequate inventory of office supplies. Accounts receivable and invoicing skills.