South Coast Air Quality Management District
Air Quality Engineer II
• Issued 250+ permits for major refineries and other stationary sources
• Managed and worked on RECLAIM and (initial and renewal) Title V permit applications
• Handled, prepared public hearings and workshops for Title V facilities, AB 2588 Toxics Hot Spots Program, and Ports of San Pedro
• Negotiated permits with facilities and EPA. Calculated emissions, handled daily correspondence with refineries, interpreted SCAQMD rules, Federal (CAA, CFR) and California regulations.
• Dealt with SCAQMD’s Hearing Board, Legal , CEQA, AER, and Planning Groups
• Extensive training in CARB courses (CAM Plans, Health Risk Assessment and Dispersion Modeling, MACT, CEMS, RICE NESHAP/NSPS, Turbines, Power Plants)