Permanent Mission of the Dominican Republic to the UN
First Secretary - United Nations
March 2011 — Present
Highlights as First Secretary to the United Nations Mission: Introduced and negotiated a resolution on food price volatility in commodity markets, a process that involved many months and negotiating rounds to draft a successful resolution that was ultimately accepted by all 193 Member States. As a result, the entire team received special recognition from the former President of the Dominican Republic.
• Coordinate the relaunch of the Dominican Republic Global Compact Local Network, a CSR platform for multi-stakeholder engagement and collective action opportunities for the private sector in support of broader UN goals.
• Manage all aspects of the country’s membership in the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), consistently assuring active participation of the delegation at every level of international affairs.
• Responsible for navigating, managing and negotiating environmental, health, humanitarian assistance, sustainable development and corporate social responsibility (CSR) issues.
• Successfully leverage analytics and strategy to advocate the country’s official national positions and support CSR initiatives.
• Played a key role in organizing and coordinating official national participation in the Rio+20 UN Conference on Sustainable Development in Brazil.
• Coordinated the country’s participation in the HOPEFOR Initiative, an international partnership focused on improving civil-military coordination in natural disaster management, mitigation and response.