Lumos Labs (Lumosity)
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
January 2017 — Present
January 2017 - December 2017 accomplishments:
- Supported the iOS team as a single QA; Asked for help and delegated tasks to QA on other platforms when additional bandwidth was needed. Business goals and team commitments were still met.
- Helped support the Android team when there was only 1 Android QA. This gave me the opportunity to ensure features were built in parity cross-platform, and pair with my teammate on projects.
- Supported our major successes as a business this year (10 new games + 3 Mindfulness activities, 3 new game categories, 6 new Insights, a marketing cadence to support all of the launches, and various product experiments.
- Participated in QA interviews and provided feedback on candidates that helped us make an informed decision around who to hire.
- Stayed up to date on Apple Operating System beta releases and testing the application priority to the OS going live; Preventing new OS bugs from going live (eg. iOS 11)
- Identified the need for internal tools and requested the web, platform, or mobile developers to build tools that solved many internal testing pain points.
- Continued to demonstrate a strong ownership for the iOS product and understanding of the ins and outs of both the implementation and user experience. I am a go-to- person for other teams to ask questions because of my unique holistic knowledge.
- Taking full ownership of the iOS product, stayed accountable on my projects, and tasks, but also filled in the gaps for the areas where ownership was missing.
- Built a strong connection and partnership with the Marketing team in helping to ensure the success of their campaigns. Additionally, oversaw multiple projects for a new systems that allow the Marketing team to send in-app trial content to free users via Email, push notif., or in-app pop up.
- Participated in growing and building our QA team through interviews of our new QA manager and QA peers. In 2017 I helped to hire a total of 5 Senior QA engineers and our manager.