Introductory Biology Lab Teaching Assistant
August 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Biology Teaching Assitant at Kenyon College
• Served as a mentor and advisor directly to 20 first-year males, and over 120 residents in the residential area.
• Developed and fostered a living environment promoting a sense of community among first-year students.
• Planned and executed educational, social, and recreational programs.
• Acted as a liaison between residents and Department of Residence Life.
• Implemented and enforced all College policies.
Led and prepared lessons for 1 hour classes (3+ times/week) to help students review and learn introductory Japanese.
• Supervised over 80 pre-college age students in residence halls.
• Served as a resource for and supported over 400 students in developing “Action Plans” to plan and execute projects to help their local communities.
• Organized and facilitated structured leadership and diversity based activities for students.
• Prepared and led low ropes course activities.