Women's issues, including leadership. Networking. Mentoring.
Christine Gallagher Kearney
Sr. HR Project Manager
I have more than eight years’ experience in HR and communications with a focus on: diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, talent acquisition, external partnerships, community initiatives, and directing internal communications plans. I am a learner, strategic thinker and driven by curiosity, rapidly generating i...
"Live the questions now." - Rainer Maria Rilke
Communications Project Manager for the Office of Public Relations and Communications
July 2013 — September 2015
• Strategically lead all aspects of PR/communication projects’ lifecycle.
• Drive communication efforts to protect and enhance the brand and reputation e.g., write and edit monthly column for employee newsletter and write feature web content, develop concepts and messaging for campaigns, create strategic solutions for audience engagement, produce white papers, brochures and large format banners.
• Provide communications counsel to senior management; prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc executive reports, including benchmarking and PR/communication analytics.
• Manage crisis communications.
• Build and execute all facets of internship program, including sourcing, onboarding, training and career development.
Sr. HR Project Manager
September 2015 — Present
• Position reports directly to VP of HR; manage high profile, company-wide priority projects (e.g., people strategy).
• Advise leaders on diversity and inclusion inclusive leadership initiative; partner with the D+I Council leadership to develop and execute strategy.
• Research and recommend diversity and inclusion best practices; drive women in the workplace initiatives.
President, DePaul Women's Network
June 2012 — June 2013
• Led ERG board and aligned agenda to university strategic plan as well as to diversity and inclusion best practices.
• Conceptualized and produced 10 events, conferences and ceremonies attended by 800+ employees.
• Developed website and social media presence to improve engagement and outreach.
Business Manager for the Office of Public Relations and Communications
November 2011 — June 2013
• Created innovative ERG initiatives, e.g., partnership with the OpEd Project to increase women and minority voices in media.
• Partnered with HR on key processes including talent acquisition, compensation and organization design.
• Supervised development and performance management for PR and communications office.
• Managed all procurement function for the office, including RFP process, vendor selection, contract negotiation and management, while overseeing and analyzing fiscal year budget.
Financial Manager and Executive Assistant for the Office of Human Resources
August 2008 — November 2011
• Managed and analyzed fiscal year budget.
• Facilitated work/life and diversity and inclusion initiatives for university employees, including the establishment of three Nursing Mother’s Rooms on two campuses.
• Supervised department-wide needs assessments, including survey and focus group development and execution.
• Managed department business continuity plan.
Internal Sales Support and Marketing
January 2008 — July 2008
• Coordinated with sales team to establish sales orders, contracts and additional support documents.
• Tracked and updated sales opportunities utilizing internet database, Salesforce.com.
• Worked extensively with international marketing team and advised on appropriate culture and language differences for material effectiveness.
June 2006 — December 2007
• Managed, assessed and processed 200-300 incoming sales inquires for the U.K. market on a daily basis; qualified and processed an average of fifty agent commission claims per month.
• Main point of contact regarding agent commission inquires for Regus staff from locations across the U.K. and Ireland; quickly established as go-to internal sales resource for Regus staff from locations across the U.K. and Ireland.
• Recognized as a top performer with two pay increases in 18 months.
Study Abroad Experience, Spanish and International Relations
Mount Holyoke College
BA, Spanish, International Relations
MA, Organizational and Multicultural Communication