August 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Instructional Designer + Content Lead at General Assembly
WeblishPal is an ed tech company that connects English-language learners from abroad with educational resources in the United States.
I built UX, UI, layouts, and front-end code for new web products.
Responsible for print and digital design, front-end production and website management, leveraging progressive technologies and industry best practices, and staff training across 100-person External Relations team.
• Led high-level branding push, articulating and enforcing HBS web production and design standards for ER staff; worked closely and collaboratively with internal clients to develop visual strategies.
• Coded and deployed HTML email newsletter sent to 80,000+ HBS alumni monthly.
• More than tripled engagement and clickthrough rates as dedicated “Champion of Email Marketing.” The June 2012 newsletter had an effective rate over 50%.
• Spearheaded social strategy in admin role for HBSAlumni accounts on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
• Designed display collateral for high-profile donor, Dean, and alumni events.
• Designed and led one-on-one trainings and group seminars in web best practices for HBS staff.
Plan and direct weekly lab sessions of MGMT-5450: Launching an eCommerce Start-up; grade all student assignments.
As third member of small newly-formed marketing team, played a major role in transition of department from print-only to digital shop.
• In graphic/web design role: Harvard Divinity Bulletin website and News and Events website. Designed two academic books and a quarterly print newsletter. Designed publicity materials for all School events.
• As editorial assistant for Harvard Divinity Bulletin: screened submissions, copyediting and prepress.
• In media relations role: coordinated news releases, supervised video shoots, developed press materials.
• Student aide and research assistant to all faculty members in English and Creative Writing departments
• Created and managed internet-based email listserv for students and faculty
• Organized and publicized writing events at Hamilton, Colgate University, and Haverford College
• Answered questions regarding exhibitions
• Managed gallery security
• Prepared mailings for national and collegiate museums
• Coordinated on- and off-campus advertising