IIMA - Instituto Internacional de Medicinas Alternativas
Product Manager - Clinical devices
February 2006 — Present
IIMA is a little family business in the field of the "alternative medicine".
We are suppliers of products and devices for alternative medicine practitioners.
I started in 2006 in charge of the Spanish market, as sales manager. We focused our sales strategy in Galicia and Madrid, being able to develop our presence in the market to a certain extent.
After a year in the Spanish market, I shown my capabilities in the management of the technical side of the firm (sale, development and assistance of the clinical devices) so I started to be responsible for these devices in the territories we operate in.
As IIMA is a little business, I also had to undertake other areas, being responsible for the design and implementation of the website (www.iimanature.com), the advertising emails we send, the POS advertising and the development of product's catalogues of all our range.
Again, being such a little company, made me also work at a strategic level, advising regarding sales strategies and implementing them in practice.
My goal is now to improve my financial skills, in order to be able to help the firm growing and think about M&A.
At this moment, my responsibilities include:
At an Strategic level
- Development of a sales strategy for clinical devices
- Rationalisation of the suppliers base, in order to improve our product cycle
At an Operating level
- Development of IT systems to improve information sharing in the firm
- Daily management of the firm when the GM is absent
- Contact with the suppliers and make order
- Deal with the custom's clearance process
- Deal with the legal requirements of the products in the European territory
- Negotiation with Spanish customers
At a Marketing level
- Development of the sales literature for our sales assistants (In Portuguese and Spanish)
- Development of Point Of Sale advertising materials (flyers, catalogues, posters...)
- Analysis of the market satisfaction and assist the General Manager in his decision making