Pain Management & MRI
September 2013 — Present
Currently, I am a medical copywriter and proofreader in the transcription department at Pain Management & MRI, a chiropractic care and physical therapy facility, with offices located in Philadelphia, Delaware and Delaware County. At this company, I am able to work at an independent and self-determined rate with very little oversight. When I began working there, the transcription department was backed-up and as a result causing the company to run inefficiently and to lose money. As of today the transcription company is caught-up and experiences an average turnover rate on reports of approximately two days to a week. My duties include:
• Proofreading medical reports, records, and examinations from all of the offices.
• Writing the dictated medical reports and records from examination sheets for the Delaware office.
• Ensuring that current medical records, bills, and correspondence follow protocol and are delivered to the proper lawyers and/or insurance companies.
• Deciding which reports should be prioritized and delegating that work throughout the department.
• Inputting data into the company’s medical and paperless databases.