Mechanical Project Engineer
March 2005 — Present
* Used AutoCAD 2D and SolidWorks 2010 to design automated, vacuum-formed, packaging equipment for food and medical devices beginning with package layouts, original concepts and project contracts, and ending with final machine checkout under limited supervision and exercising independent judgment.
* Detailed fabricated part drawings to GD&T standards.
* Selected purchased parts such as bearings, pulleys, bushings & gearboxes.
* Created assembly drawings that included instructions and BOM's.
* Released machine sub-assembly BOM's to MAPICS parts ordering and tracking system.
* Developed, monitored and improved job schedules.
* Facilitated machine debug and checkout (FAT).
* Developed a familiarity with machine functions to guide design stages and aid response to customer questions and troubleshoot existing machinery.
* Created spare parts lists and machine assembly drawings for operation/maintenance manuals.
* Developed standards for machine design and 3D modeling.