Wireless Application Service Providers' Association of Nigeria
July 2015 — Present
I represent and manage the interests of the VAS subsector of the Telecoms Industry in Nigeria of over 200 Licensees. WASPAN currently has over 50 member companies.
2015: Appointed National Coordinator
2015: Helped to update the draft Universal Code of Conduct for Telcos and VAS Licensees.
2015: Commenced engagement and advocacy with the Nigerian Communications Commission
2016: Commenced engagement and advocacy with the National Assembly
2016 - '17: Completed and helped implement the Universal Code of Conduct for Telcos and VAS Licensees.
2017: Visiting Consultant to NCC-NJI workshop on training top Nigeria judges on OTT Services
2017: Speaker at the NCC/CBN E-Fraud Workshop
- member NCC Industry Working Group on Short Codes
- member NCC-CBN Industry Working Group on Electronic Fraud
- Chairman NCC sub-committee on VAS Code-of-conduct for Telcos and VAS Licensees in Nigeria
- member COSON working group for music digitization parameters
Summary of Accomplishments:
- Helped position & grow the group membership from a 22 in 2015 to 51 in 2017
- Delivered the Universal Code of Conduct for Telcos and VAS
- Entrenched inclusive best practices alongside the Steering Board and got the ears of the telecoms regulator (NCC) and the National Assembly in issues involving VAS providers' relationships with the mobile networks
- Leading the constant engagement & regulator nudging with wide stakeholder involvement. WASPAN is the recognised official industry body in Nigeria.
- WASPAN member firms in the front-line for NCC licensing and policy formation with the ICT Ministry. Working towards the industry group formation alluded to in the released framework (www.ncc.gov.ng)
- Represent WASPAN on the NCC Industry working Group for Short codes and is the Chairman of the committee for review of the Code-of-Conduct.
- Represent WASPAN on the Copyright Society of Nigeria Nigerian Digital Music monitoring Group to optimize the music exploitation in Mobile Tech.